Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) is not physically addictive. However, since the high that the drug produces is hallucinogenic, LSD is frequently used as an escape from reality. Users run a high risk of becoming psychologically addicted to the drug.
Why LSD Addiction Is Dangerous
There are several other factors that contribute to the danger of LSD use and addiction:
- LSD is associated with fines of $1,000 to $10,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years for possession and ten to fifteen years with fines to $20,000 for selling.
- Under the influence of even minimal dosages, LSD users lose all grounding with reality. Losing the ability to connect with the objects and persons around you is both terrifying and extremely dangerous.
- Users may unknowingly do damage to themselves and are completely vulnerable to others while under the influence of LSD.
- Not all trips are good, and some can lead to psychedelic crises while users are trapped in a nightmare for hours.
- LSD was not used until 1943. Since it has not yet been fully studied, the complete range of its effects remains unknown.
How to Heal from LSD Addiction
Fortunately, there is hope for LSD addiction recovery. Since addiction to the drug is not physical, the recovery process can be quick and efficient. If you are looking up treatment online, then you’ve already made the first step. The next steps involve the following:
- Make the call. There is a stigma that looking into rehab options is a defeat, when in actuality it is the first step towards recovery. Talking with a trained and experienced counselor through a helpline is beneficial, because it provides an interactive platform for questions and answers.
- Participate in group therapy and counseling sessions. A rehab center can help you find a therapeutic session that is open, confidential, instructional and non-judgmental.
- Find continued support. Even after your time in rehab, a good program will keep you accountable to staying clean through continued caring connection and interaction with your trusted friend and family members.
Get Your Life Back from LSD Today
Addiction to LSD is a struggle that can be overcome, so let us help you. Please call our toll-free helpline today to receive more information about LSD addiction treatment. We are available 24 hours a day to help you find the recovery solutions you need. Life is too short to waste on addiction. Call us today.